Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Athlete defends funding London 2012 training with proceeds from his brothel

• Taekwondo athlete started brothel to finance his Olympic bid
• New Zealand Olympic Committee threatening legal action


A New Zealand athlete has defended running a brothel to finance his participation in the London 2012 Olympics. Photograph: John Van Hasselt/Corbis

The New Zealand Olympic Committee has threatened to sue a local taekwondo athlete who plans to finance his participation in the 2012 London Games with the proceeds from a brothel.

Logan Campbell, whose participation in the Beijing Olympics last year cost him close to £70,000, most of which came from his parents, opened a brothel with a friend in Auckland earlier this year.

Campbell, 23, went public with the scheme in July and said he hoped to raise £140,000 to alleviate any financial burden on his parents and to have more time to concentrate on training. After remaining silent on the issue for three months, the New Zealand Olympic Committee (NZOC) have written to Campbell demanding he cease linking the Olympics to his business or face legal action.

New Zealand's TV3 channel quoted the letter, signed by NZOC secretary-general Barry Maister, as saying: "Based on the Olympic values of excellence, friendship and respect, we would place your actions as totally inconsistent.

"Your open solicitation of 'clients' for your 'business' while using the Olympic or Olympian connection must cease immediately, or the NZOC will be forced to consider taking legal action against you."

Campbell, who finished outside the medals in the featherweight division at Beijing, defended his business and fundraising efforts. Owning and running brothels is legal in New Zealand, where laws governing prostitution are relatively liberal by world standards.

"At the end of the day, I feel like I'm not exploiting anyone because no one has to be here, we are not forcing anyone to be here. They are here of their own free will," he told the network. Campbell was now threatening legal action of his own, TV3 added.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Report: 4 year pregnancy

General News of Sunday, 1 February 2009

Woman Delivers After Four-Year Pregnancy
A woman who allegedly conceived for four years has finally delivered a bouncing baby boy at Akyem Takyiman in the eastern region.

A disappointed couple, Dominic Adu, 29 and Grace Arthur 21, all from Akyem Takyiman who had married for five years had to divorce upon pressures from their parents to bring forth children.

The couple made steps by consulting local herbalists for solution for several months but could not get any good result. They further diverted to the Akwatia Government Hospital for examination, when they suspected the wife missed her period for four months.

The Laboratory test and scanning however proved negative. Mr. Adu was frustrated and had to abandon the wife and attempted to seek for a new partner, who could bring forth children for him.

Later, the aunt of Grace Arthur directed the couple to see one Dr. Isaiah K. Boateng of Isaboaco Herbal Clinic at Kade for medical attention who confirm that Ms. Arthur was actually pregnant for almost four years but the pregnancy was affected by a strange disease.

At this juncture the husband was said to have left the wife to her fate and even went to the extend of insinuating the Herbal Doctor who started given the wife some medication to prove her woman hood.

Dr. Isaiah with his experience counseled the couple and advised them to stick to their medication.

After some time, Ms. Arthur delivered a bouncing baby boy. The couple has now come together as man and wife and was seen in a happy mood when our reporter met them at the Clinic in Kade when they had gone to thank Dr. Isaiah.
Disclaimer: No responsibility is assumed for the physiological accuracy of the report or the veracity of the facts. It is not known if actual babies or mothers were hurt in preparing the above report.